Enerit to enable Rome and Milan airports to reduce overall Energy Usage
Enerit have partnered with a number of Europe-wide energy specialists within the CASCADE project for energy efficient airports.
CASCADE, led by the prestigious Fraunhofer Institute, Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization, provides a number of technology-based solutions for airports to reduce energy use in systems such as refrigeration, lighting, under-floor heating, HVAC, etc. The project will include the identification of low and no-cost energy saving opportunities.
CASCADE also provides robust web-based energy management software tools for action tracking and energy benchmarking. Within this project, Enerit ISO 50001 software is being installed at Milan Malpensa Airport and Rome Fiumicino Airport.
CASCADE has developed a measurement-based, technology neutral, fault detection approach for the development of ICT solutions that can integrate with existing Building Automation Systems and Building Management Systems. CASCADE will develop facility-specific operational guidelines for the radical reduction of energy consumption (20%) and CO2 emissions (20%) of EU-27 Airports.
It will do this through:
- Engaging the airport staff, determining their needs, and motivating them;
- Integrating ICT technologies with present ICT/Energy systems at airports;
- Collecting data on user operation and equipment performance;
- Applying fault detection methods across operational scenarios and equipment performance benchmarks;
- Making an Energy Action Plan that links actors, actions, and ISO standards based on airport facility specific data and providing cost/benefit analysis (kWh, CO2, Euros).
Enerit will have significant involvement within this project through the application of the Enerit ISO 50001 software for airports. In summary, this cloud-based software will help the CASCADE partners to manage their energy usage according to ISO 50001 principles.
Alongside Enerit, partners include; again the Fraunhofer Istitute, PSE AG, D’Appolonia S.p.A., National University of Ireland, Galway, SENSUS Mi Italia S.r.l, Societ per azioni Esercizi Aeroportuali SEA Spa, Institut Mihajlo Pupin and Aeroporti di Roma Spa.